Our website address is: https://ibadanreview.com.
- At different points, especially to access certain features of the platform, The Ibadan Review will collect both your personal and non-personal information. Without providing such information, you may not be able to progress when taking certain actions on the platform. Similarly failure to provide accurate information, when we find out, may lead to the suspension or termination of your access.
- We may share usage data and non-personal information that can help third parties serve appropriate advertisement on the platform to you. However, this will never include information that is sufficient enough to personally identify you. We may also use your information on the platform to send you promotional items whether through the website or through other means possible by the information you provide. You may however request for your information to not be used in specific ways, for which we are obliged to obey.
- We may share aggregated data of the information on our platform with third parties but not in any way that may allow third parties to personally identify you.
- The Ibadan Review will take all the necessary steps to keep private all information you set to be private on our platform. We will ensure such information is not misused, lost, or access by unauthorized parties, whether to be used, modified or disclosed.
- The Ibadan Review will not disclose your personal information to third parties except
- Those open to the public in your profile or when you share comments.
- In exceptional situations, where The Ibadan Review is required or authorized by law to disclose personal information, especially to prevent a serious threat to our safety, the internet, an individual’s safety, public safety, or the safety of our infrastructure and platform.
- To third parties who are under the employ or in contract with The Ibadan Review for optimum performance of the platform. However, such parties will be in agreement with The Ibadan Review not to misuse, disclose or modify any personal information on the platform.
- With your consent.
- The Ibadan Review will usually collect your information when you sign up or register for anything on the platform, and when you authorize the platform to obtain your information from third party platforms or through your activities on the platform.
- If you have any updates, questions or enquiries about your information on the website, please contact us at email@example.com.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.